• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quick help for headache/migraine !!

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Whenever I get severe headaches that last that long I wind up going to the hospital emerg and getting and IV bag. It works well and I feel an energy lift in general for a day or two from it.
I know this sounds lame compared to pharmaceutical relief but increasing my fluid intake (just plain water) every day has helped me.

snowathlete

Thanks snowathlete:)
Ive been looking into it since my post,looks like its related Acupressure.(at least what ive learned so far)
Found some interesting videos showing some of the pressure points.
Going to experiment with it.Not really up to going to a conference at the moment.
I hate having to take more tablets.But sometimes.

I don't think there is much about acupressure in it - at least not the from the treatment my dad got; the main component of the treatment is the EMDR. I expect there are different people practicing with different variations?

Seewell

I don't think there is much about acupressure in it - at least not the from the treatment my dad got; the main component of the treatment is the EMDR. I expect there are different people practicing with different variations?

Havnt looked into this any further yet (got brain fog today) but will tonight.
The video i was watching used a combination of Acupressure & EMDR.I think i was confusing the two.
But from a quick look at your link (much appreciated) EMDR is - eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing ?
atb

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Whenever I get severe headaches that last that long I wind up going to the hospital emerg and getting and IV bag. It works well and I feel an energy lift in general for a day or two from it.
I know this sounds lame compared to pharmaceutical relief but increasing my fluid intake (just plain water) every day has helped me.

A bag of saline?

Sushi

Seewell

I have been trying out Barefoot earthing recently(for about 2weeks now).And since doing this the amount of
migraines ive been getting have droped considerably.I dont know if this is just a coincidence yet.
But BFE is said to help.(i sit under the trees out the back, bare feet on the dirt for about 20 to 30 min.)
http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/how-down-to-earth-are-you-29316399.html

Have had migraines for many years now.Always interested in different drug free ways that help.
But sometimes a tablet is all that works:(

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Sushi

Sorry, Yes. I also request a pain reliever which I think is demerol but I'm usually in no state to care or remember. : )
Also, they've given me a vitamin bag without my asking for one. The demerol is of course what gives me the relief but after getting it with the saline (as opposed to catching my headache early and medicating with drugs I have on hand) I can feel the difference in that I feel exceptionally well for a day or two.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

yes, dehydration is a known trigger for migraine and headache. not lame at all