• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

question abouthat ebv antibodies

herpesbaby

Ani ebv igg vca 107 (normal range is from 0 to 20)
Anti ebv igg ea 5 (normal range is 0 to 10)
Anti ebv igg ebna 600 (normal range 0 to 5)

All this time I thought I'm feeling like poop because of genital herpes. Now turns out it's mono!

Are those titres informative?

All this time I thought I'm feeling like poop because of genital herpes. Now turns out it's mono!

Yes. How long have you been ill? Some people take awhile to recover from mono... Others like myself beat it in a couple of weeks, get back to living too fast and then fall ill with CFS later on. I wish I had EBV titers because then I'd know it's a virus I have to fight. Mine are all normal now though.

herpesbaby

Dude the area above my eyes (not my lids) is puffy on both eyes. It's been like this pretty much ever since I got sick.

I got sick on April 19th. Day 119 today. Week 16. Month 5th.

Have you had/still have puffiness above eyes that looks like drooping eyelids? @BFitz89

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"

Those levels (they are not titres) are what is expected from someone who has had EBV infection some time in the past - which almost all adults have. So they are normal.

What the 'normal range' presumably means is normal for people who have not had EBV infection.

I do not think those titres tell you anything about why you feel unwell.