• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question about protease enzymes

Rand56

I forgot where the post was that I read that an issue could be of not digesting proteins more completely. My question is...if someone has proteinuria and dumping more protein thru urine..will this have a tendency to make your urine color more of a white'ish color? The reason I ask, is because I recently started taking some enzymes with a higher 12,500 HUT count of protease and ever since then the color of my urine is more yellowish. Keep in mind I am not presently taking any B-complex nor am I taking any seperate B2, so the riboflavin would not be causing this. For a long time, prior to taking any B-complex or any B2 my urine has had no tints of yellow color at all.

The other question I have, at the same time I started with the enzymes I also started on a higher dose of Curcumun. I'm trying to find out if the urine color change is more from the Curcumin or maybe I am just digesting more proteins now to yellow my urine color now?

To put it more simply <which is what I should have done to begin with..haha> is the color of one's urine effected by either someones ability or non-ability to digest proteins?