• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Putting collection boxes in local shops and businesses

veganmua

I want to raise money for ME research by putting collection boxes in local shops and businesses. Initially, I wanted to raise money for Open Medicine Foundation, but I think I will stick to a UK charity to avoid confusion or complications.

My shortlist is -
My questions are -
  • Where would the money be put to best use? (In your opinion.)
  • How, exactly, do I get started with this?
Any input would be appreciated.

Dolphin

I want to raise money for ME research by putting collection boxes in local shops and businesses. Initially, I wanted to raise money for Open Medicine Foundation, but I think I will stick to a UK charity to avoid confusion or complications.

My shortlist is -
My questions are -
  • Where would the money be put to best use? (In your opinion.)
  • How, exactly, do I get started with this?
Any input would be appreciated.
My guess is the biobank won't have collection boxes. A charity I think I saw that had collection boxes ME Research UK. The other 2 groups might also.

Hip

I want to raise money for ME research by putting collection boxes in local shops and businesses.

That is a very good idea, veganmua.

It's a good idea not only because it will raise some money, but at the same time, it will also raise awareness of the illness if the collection boxes are printed with an informative label about ME/CFS.