• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pulsating body and brain, inflammation

I've been suffering over the past few days from one of the worst set of symptoms for me.

Part of it I feel is scary as I feel like my "brain is frying" with sensory overload plus over sensitive body all over. It feels like my brain and body are pulsating and inflamed. I find it the most frightening with the brain part and so much of the body being under attack.

My face and parts of my body are numb with some lovely internal brain ache. I'm doing the normal of rest rest rest and more rest. I know it will pass.

Has anybody found anything that soothes or alleviates the symptoms. I use my hot tub for the aching muscles and that does help but have not found anything for the head stuff.

Thx

Sally xx

DeGenesis

Sometimes I force myself to sleep (even if I don't need it) with pharmaceuticals (usually different ones on a rotating basis). Probably not the best solution but if I am really suffering I can justify it to myself. I wouldn't advise it to anyone..