• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Public Service Europe: Interviews with Dr Charles Shepherd & Dr Ingrid B Helland

Bob

Interesting and helpful interviews in the June issue of "Public Service Europe" magazine:
http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?EID=9d0d3637-e312-45e8-bb11-5357968dd198

Page 17 is a full-page interview with Dr Charles Shepherd, of the UK's ME Association.
(ME Association links: Website, Twitter, Facebook.)

Page 18 is a full page interview with Dr Ingrid B Helland, Leader of the National Competance Service for CFS/ME in Norway, at the Oslo University Hospital. (Drs Fluge & Mella also work at the Oslo University Hospital.)
This is a very interesting interview: It seems that medical services in other countries have a lot to learn from Norway.

Extract:
"Oslo University Hospital has a multi-disciplinary medical clinic for adults with suspected CFS/ME. The majority of the patients are outpatients, but the centre also provides two beds in the ward for those most affected by the condition, thus allowing for extended examinations. At the Department of Clinical Neurosciences for Children, a multidisciplinary team sees outpatients under the age of 18 years. An extended team sees patients with medically unexplained symptoms on the ward, where differential diagnosis is particularly challenging."