International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Psychologists using forum posts for research papers promoting psych theories of ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

Finding it harder and harder to take psychological and psychiatrical research seriously.

MEMum, keenly, Sean and 3 others like this.
  2. boolybooly

boolybooly Senior Member

UK
    This reads like something from a tabloid. I am reminded of McEvedy's hysteria thesis. What people will do to get a job in this field is dismal.

Someone should do a paper on how some psychology post grads try to raise the status of their opinion, subjective projections and blatant stereotyping by emulating the forms and language of academic scientific publications without the necessary discipline of replicable empirical measurement which gives such experiments their authority.

MEMum, Sean and Mel9 like this.
  3. matt321

matt321

They mearly observed what was actually happening. The interpretation is irrelevant. Everyone can look at the posts and clearly see what the author observed.

See more popular forum discussions.