• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pseudephedrine helps

fibrodude84

Sudafed has been helping me but I'm not happy taking a drug. I'm so dizzy and off balance though.

Upping my water and salt.

Anyone have good compression garment or other recommendations?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I use compression knee socks. They help me a lot. Also take powdered electrolytes every day to help retain water.

Sudafed was actually one of the first drugs prescribed for dysautonomia but as it has a lot of side effects there are better ones now. Which ones might be good for you depend a lot on testing and symptoms.

Sushi

fibrodude84

I read that abdominal compression is better than the stockings? I'm just worried if anything is too tight I'll get a blood clot since I'm no very active.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I read that abdominal compression is better than the stockings? I'm just worried if anything is too tight I'll get a blood clot since I'm no very active.

I've used both. If you use abdominal compression it needs to be quite tight though.

Sushi