• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prove my cfs theory - drink milk

globalpilot

Thanks Glynis. I'm in Canada so not sure I could even get tested at Mayo.
I do pass through the London airport 8-10 times a year though so I will contact Breakspear and see if they will test it for me. I am interested in other testing by them as well. I found a post by you from 2 years ago mentioning Breakspear tests it properly. Hopeuflly they still offer the test.

Jenny

I suppose I was wrong. I will rephrase my theory to say that this is ONE possibility. Thank you all for your input. I am just trying to help by throwing personalized theories out there, though I am mistaken in thinking everyone is of the same category. Fatigue is a pretty broad thing I suppose.

Many of us don't suffer from 'fatigue'. We have ME.

Jenny

Calathea

Considering how incredibly common lactose intolerance is, I think someone would have noticed by now if it were causing ME, CFS or even just chronic fatigue. The link between dairy and migraine, for instance, has been well known for a long time now.

acouchy

Unwilling ME/CFS Participant Since 1996
Interesting theory... don't think it is the cause of my ME fatigue though. I stopped drinking milk about a month ago and I haven't had any improvement in my fatigue. :( I can only wish it was that easy a fix.
(My not drinking milk had nothing to do with my ME/CFS... I stopped drinking the stuff because I have acne and read that the hormones in the milk could make acne worse).

globalpilot

I"m actually not sure why the original poster said to stop drinking milk and see if sx disappear. The theory is that some may have an overgrwoth of lactic acid producing bacteria. The lactic acid can be produced by carbohydrates (not just milk). So I don't it's really a valid test for lactic acid bacteria overgrowth. The only way to know for sure would be to get d-lactate acid levels measured.