Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Simon, May 12, 2016.

1. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    @gettinbetter

I think that this thread is going off topic and others may be getting bogged down by our conversation

Why not open your own thread on topics that interest you such as juicing or search for similar topics and ask patients questions there? Then this thread can stick to the topic heading.

Sure that you will get lots of answers and experiences from interested long term patients

Wishing you all the best

Cheshire, Wonko and trishrhymes like this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    As mentioned above this thread went way off-topic and got contentious. Numerous posts have been edited or deleted. If anyone wants to discuss a topic peripheral to the central theme of the thread, please open another thread. Thanks!

3. gettinbetter

gettinbetter Senior Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    Okay Thanks for doing your job

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  4. Sidney

Sidney Senior Member

SF Bay Area, USA
    I had not seen this thread until today - I hope it is still open?
    I was thrilled when I saw the header on a PR page a few days ago linking to Simon McGrath's patient-friendly paper, and immediately printed it out. I try to keep up with reading about the research but have absolutely no biochemical background and just don’t understand it. But I keep reading.
    So, both for my own attempt to understand more of my own illness, and to have something to communicate to friends or family ( and, in my dreams, doctors) - it seemed just what I’d been wanting for years.

But things change and arise continually, and 2016 is 2 years ago. Please can we hope for an update? Obviously re: the rituximab disappointment, but other new developments - the ones that seem valuable or trustworthy...

5. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Hi Sidney

Glad you found it useful. I'm afraid there are no plans for a new paper. Off the top of my head, the main changes since this one are:
    - Emergence of new evidence of metabolomic changes, especially around energy metabolism (which need replicating - in progress - and comparing with other illnesses).
    - Mark Davis's intriguing findings around T-cell activation, covered here.

I'm sure there are others. I think most of the things we mention, apart from rituximab, remain relevant.

Meanwhile, here's a gratuitous plug for my new blog, ME/CFS Research Review, which will be focusing on important developments in biomedical research.

MeSci likes this.
  6. Sidney

Sidney Senior Member

SF Bay Area, USA

Thank you so much for replying - exactly the sort of answer I was looking for. I’ll absolutely be following your blog. Somehow you are able to state things with authority and yet clearly - a great boon for the poor challenged patient!

Simon and MeSci like this.
  7. robinhood12345

robinhood12345 Senior Member

CFS is not micro nutrient deficiency like all other diseases. Unless someone is really sick then it can be a genetic disease of a nutrient.

Kati likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.