• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prof Esther Crawley speaking to paediatricians in Glasgow on managing ME

Countrygirl

Her lecture starts at 8 am, so hopefully her colleagues will still be eating their breakfasts. :p

https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/sites/defau...nference 2018_Conference_Brochure_POST-EB.pdf

Tuesday 13th March at the RCPCH Conference in Glasgow, Prof Crawley, 'expert' in paediatric ME will be teaching her colleagues on how to manage children with fatigue and pain.

Welcome

Dear Colleagues, We are thrilled to be staging the 2018 RCPCH Conference once again in the fantastic city of Glasgow. Our flagship event attracts child health professionals from around the world who come together to discover the latest in paediatric research, hear from world-renowned speakers and take advantage of some excellent networking opportunities.

This year we are also sharing conference space and sessions with the International Network of Paediatric Surveillance Units which will give an even greater opportunity to share best practice. Taking place from 13–15 March 2018, the theme for the conference is ‘Children First – Ethics, Morality and Advocacy in Childhood’ and there will be a selection of workshops and talks taking place throughout three days that will explore this crucial area. In an ever-changing world, we believe this theme to be pertinent and important.

The packed conference programme will offer you great learning opportunities. From clinical and research updates, informative workshops, inspirational talks and excellent networking events. As always, the wide choice of sessions will allow you to plan the conference to suit your interests and we will have a smartphone app available to support your personal schedule.

Please do encourage your colleagues and other members of your healthcare team to take a look at the conference programme as we have made every effort to accommodate the developmental needs of the whole child health workforce to facilitate inter-professional learning. I think I speak for the RCPCH Conference Committee when I say we are very excited to be returning to Glasgow after five years away. It’s a thriving, cultural hub of Scotland and gateway to the beautiful highlands.

With so much to see and do, I’m sure you will enjoy all that Glasgow and Scotland have to offer. I hope this guide demonstrates the breadth and quality of the 2018 RCPCH Conference programme but please do check-in on the event website for

helperofearth123

Unbelievable. When a child has a scratch on their knee you can just kiss it better and the placebo makes them believe the mild sting of pain has gone away, so that is fine. When they actually have a neuroimmune condition and you are treating them with placebos rather than researching into what is wrong with their immune systems that have been damaged by an infection, that is abusing children. Especially if parents are unaware that there is actually something physically very medically wrong with their child. The child might grow up believing they have some mental illness or something wrong with their personality when they have nothing of the sort. Real medical research is what we need, not psychology placebos for kids coupled with a lie to the parents about what is wrong with their child.

Nice way to cut costs though.

For those with the energy, perhaps consider writing politely to the organisers about her position.

Last edited: