August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prof Esther Crawley speaking to paediatricians in Glasgow on managing ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Her lecture starts at 8 am, so hopefully her colleagues will still be eating their breakfasts. :p

https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/sites/defau...nference 2018_Conference_Brochure_POST-EB.pdf

Tuesday 13th March at the RCPCH Conference in Glasgow, Prof Crawley, 'expert' in paediatric ME will be teaching her colleagues on how to manage children with fatigue and pain.

MEMum likes this.
  2. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Lol
    That is like Prof Hawking talking to break dancers about their moves

3. helperofearth123

helperofearth123 Senior Member

Unbelievable. When a child has a scratch on their knee you can just kiss it better and the placebo makes them believe the mild sting of pain has gone away, so that is fine. When they actually have a neuroimmune condition and you are treating them with placebos rather than researching into what is wrong with their immune systems that have been damaged by an infection, that is abusing children. Especially if parents are unaware that there is actually something physically very medically wrong with their child. The child might grow up believing they have some mental illness or something wrong with their personality when they have nothing of the sort. Real medical research is what we need, not psychology placebos for kids coupled with a lie to the parents about what is wrong with their child.

Nice way to cut costs though.

For those with the energy, perhaps consider writing politely to the organisers about her position.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Cornishbird, sb4 and MEMum like this.

See more popular forum discussions.