• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Problems with taking DHEA

Hello, I recently had saliva test and found my testosterone and DHEA levels low. I am almost 73 years old and wanted to get the levels up. I took a small amount of DHEA 6 mg. in about 20 minutes I got a sort of surge feeling going up into my upper body, I got a little weak in the knees and had it made me a little shaky and weird feeling for 20 minutes or so, in an hour or so I felt very tired.
I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to be able to take the DHEA.
I was told at my age I also need to be taking pregneolone and Testosterone. I only tried the DHEA and had these problems. I have on read here that the pregneolone needs to be 2 to 1 ratio. I have not tested it by I assumed at my age I need it. Should I try the pregneolone first and later the DHEA?

*GG*

48 YO here, and my Dr has me take 50 mg of DHEA and Pregnenolone every day. I aslo take Clomid 2 times a week now, down from 3 times, at 25 mg.

GG

@GG You mention that your Dr has you take 50 mg of DHEA and Pregnenolone every day.
How did your doctor work out this dosage? Do you have regular hormone testing?

I have been searching info on this topic - I am low in DHEA. I was taking 20 mg DHEA and testing showed my DHEA above normal. My doctor has me down to 10 mg - but I don't think this is enough.

48 YO here, and my Dr has me take 50 mg of DHEA and Pregnenolone every day. I aslo take Clomid 2 times a week now, down from 3 times, at 25 mg.

GG

I also want to try Clomid for my low LH,FSH, TRT, estrogen levels.
How are you doing with it?
I would only take it every 2 or 3 days and wonder if it doesn't cause extreme hormone fluctuations from the on and off days.
And do you know anything about long-term intake? Wonder if the self-production is lastingly worse after taking it for a long time and stopping it.

*GG*

@GG You mention that your Dr has you take 50 mg of DHEA and Pregnenolone every day.
How did your doctor work out this dosage? Do you have regular hormone testing?

I have been searching info on this topic - I am low in DHEA. I was taking 20 mg DHEA and testing showed my DHEA above normal. My doctor has me down to 10 mg - but I don't think this is enough.

I have bloodwork done at least 1 time a year.

GG