• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Problems after stopping probiotics

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
I have had to stop taking probiotics for two weeks so that I can have a Faecal Microbial Anaylsis done. I have also had to stop taking olive leaf extract.

Since I stopped taking the probiotics, my bad IBS symptoms are back. Nasty gut pain, nausea, loose stools etc.

This tells me that the probiotics have been helping. There have been no other changes to trigger these kind of symptoms.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to relieve symptoms without compromising the test?

I am already taking 400mg Slippery Elm per day, 125mg Curcumin and I have started chamomile tea. I can't tolerate glutamine.

Best wishes, Andy

Gingergrrl

Andy, Can you get "GI Repair Powder" by Vital Nutrients in Oz? This helped me significantly in mid 2014 but I was much less ill then.

Hope you feel better soon and sorry for my delay in answering something that you recently asked me. I won't get into here but your generosity knows no bounds and I thank you very much (for later.)

Sending you all the good things that you always send to everyone else... :hug::balloons::heart::gift::bouquet::star::music::tulip:

Timaca

I'm sorry you have to be off the probiotic for the test since you are now experiencing issues. I'm glad it was helping you though!! Could you share what you were taking??

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
I'm sorry you have to be off the probiotic for the test since you are now experiencing issues. I'm glad it was helping you though!! Could you share what you were taking??

Inner Health Plus Dairy Free. MTHFR Support have told me to start taking Inner Health Plus IBS Support when I recommence after the test as it is better for those with histamine issues. Apparently lactobacillus plantarium (sp?) breaks down histamines. I will need to check the ingredients before I consider changing.