• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotics, Fungal Infection, Lactic Acid

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
In attempts to limit my lactic acid intake, I stopped taking probiotics one week ago today. Basically, lactobacillus and bifidobacterium.

In the meantime, I've suddenly re-developed severe fingernail fungus. It hadn't been an issue several years running, ever since I began taking probiotics.

So what does this mean? Candida?

Does anyone have any other insight on how this may be related to my CFS?

Any dietary limitations or implementations I should consider?

I'm on a non-dairy, gluten-free, simple sugars free, low-carb, high-protein, high-fat diet.

Thank you. No urgency.

Crux

Hi Howard,

Both copper and lactoferrin regulate iron, along with active vitamin A found in animal sources.

Best to you

jesse's mom

There is antifungal fingernail polish, by prescription that a Dr can call in for you. For me once a fingernail fungus really takes hold it is the only thing I have ever seen grow a real, attached healthy fingernail back.
I am following along and a bit anemic, and probably need these same metals.
I already have to have A on my radar because of a Vit D deficiency.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Nail fungus can be addressed by applying oregano oil twice per day onto the nail until the nail grows out.

Or here is another option from: https://naturalhealthtechniques.com/fingernail-analysis/
The safest, cheapest and most effective treatment for this is to apply Vick’s Vapo Rub once a day on the entire nail. Do this every day until the entire nail grows out. Usually this takes from 2 1/2 to 3 months. Clip the nail and keep it as short as possible during this process. The Vick’s has a high concentration of camphor in it which penetrates the nail and oxygenates the area. Fungus can’t live with that extra oxygen. Many times nail fungus is a sign that the person has a deep-seated yeast infection and has had this for years.

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
Thanks to all!
Too wiped out to acknowledge individually... ugh

Mistake Made.
Lesson Learned?

As mentioned, I stopped taking my probiotics for 7 days and then restarted last night.

Today I feel as though I were hit by a truck. Muscles burning, flu like fatigue, fever, weakness, exhaustion, post nasal drip and nausea.

End Complaint.
Beyond Frustrating.