• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

primyacin + vankamaxin + impaninin+ cilistatin = no fibro or CFS

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I am currently in the hospital right now finishing up treatment for a post-operative infection. These are the primary antibiodics I was receiving. Never in the last 10 years have I gone without some fatigue and Fibromyalgia Pain until today. Would anyone with more experience with these illnesses know why? Could my problem have been some all over bacterial infection all this time or does it have to do with my immune system busy in other places or something else. Makes a person wonder if Fibro isn't an autoimmune disease and some CFS cases are bacterial. Any ideas?

Forgot to Note: They are not giving me any of my Fibromyalgia medications or pain medications right now to limit nausea and make sure I have no further symptoms from the post-op infection.

Glynis Steele

Hi Mya,

I'm so glad you are feeling better. It must be a huge relief for you. I noticed you had no food for 3 days, plus the antibiotics. This is the same treatment as would be given for d-lactic acidosis. The KDM paper talks about a link between CFS and dla. Dla lasts about 72 hours, when oral fasting begins. Here are a couple of links that may interest you, though dla is only said to be a consequence of a shortened or diseased bowel. Not recognised otherwise.

Some of the links on here explain how dla might occur in patients with an intact bowel, and without an increase of the anion gap, a diagnostic measurement taken for dla.

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?8022-D-Lactic-Acidosis-in-CFS

Here is a poll regarding dla. I have not noticed pain involved in dla, but then it is usually quickly diagnosed and treat as urgent. Seeing as l-lactic acid build up can cause muscular pain, d-lactic acid might also be painful, if not treated quickly.

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?9484-CFS-D-lactic-symptom-overlap

Hope you find these interesting.

Best Wishes

Glynis

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Thanks Glynis. I do find that interesting. I have to go for a followup on my colon later because it is still oversized. A diseased bowel could explain alot. Also I had a diseased uterus that was removed (didn't know it at the time) and after the antibiotics my sinuses started running again. They have not done this is years because I have three sinus cavities and they don't work properly (all that comes out is goopy stuff). I was discussing this with the nurse and she agreed it might be a chronic infection in my sinuses. I am now wondering if my problems weren't caused by all three chronic conditions. Wouldn't it be nice if I could get these taken care and no more CFS or Fibro? I went to see Suzanne Vernon speak in Colorado before I got sick and meant to post notes here before I got sick. One of the things she was saying is she was going to start breaking down people with CFS into symptom categories based on how it began and symptoms, of course. Now I am seeing what a great idea this is.