• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Primary billiary cirrhosis :(

andre79

I am still concerned so i will be seeing the hepatologist on december anyway. And i suspended most of my supplements already. Five days without taking cymbalta, i have noticed an increase in the neck pain and i am a little emotional like my eyes watering with some corny commercials in tv ja! besides that, nothing else to report for the moment.

Also, i think i should take the urso acid to stop whatever is going on in my liver. I hope that the doctor agrees with me.

I wonder how my two years gluten free diet has helped me, i mean, i bet that i would be much worse if i had continued eating gluten, and i decided that i will keep this diet forever.

Last edited:

drob31

Have you ever considered doing an enema to "cleanse the liver"? Ahmo seems to have success with coffee enema's. I know you have to take charcoal as well so it catches the bile dump with the toxins and drags them out of the digestive tract. Of course if this is autoimmune, there aren't really toxin so to speak.

andre79

Have you ever considered doing an enema to "cleanse the liver"? Ahmo seems to have success with coffee enema's. I know you have to take charcoal as well so it catches the bile dump with the toxins and drags them out of the digestive tract. Of course if this is autoimmune, there aren't really toxin so to speak.

I did try the coffee enemas for two months, twice a week. That was around May-July of this year. First of all, it was a really unpleasant experience, i got very bad nausea, and i think the inflamattion got worse. That's when i started to see the new internist doctor and she ordered the liver profile and i got the high GGT, high cholesterol and high ALT. I never told her that i was doing the enemas because i knew that she would be very hard on me about that. So of course, i stopped the enemas. I saw no benefits, and my liver was all overwhelmed. I have been a little irresponsable with my health but it's all out of desperation.

Maybe the coffee enemas work for some people, but i am not one of those. I wonder now if the coffee enemas activated the AMA antibodies. Now i have learnt in the hard way to be more careful with this kind of alternative therapies. Please be careful on what you guys do.

I repeated the liver profile yesterday and i am glad to report that my enzymes are apparently normal so it's a huge relieve.

Last edited:

drob31

Do you think your enemas could have temporarily elevated these values, and also the other lab may be inaccurate?

andre79

Do you think your enemas could have temporarily elevated these values, and also the other lab may be inaccurate?

I think it could be a possibility. I don't doubt the accuracy of the labs. Also, i suspended most of my supplements before doing this liver profile. So, maybe it was the coffee enemas or the supplements. I have no idea. Now i realized that the least burden i put on my liver, the better. So, i won't be taking any medicine or supplement unless i get the autorization of the hepatologist. That means i have to postpone my LDN experiment until i talk to him. Is such a low dose that is unlikely to hurt the liver, but i must be more careful.

drob31

If your liver values are low and your AMA is negative, then maybe you're getting better now?

andre79

After such an scare, getting this results is a good new and i feel better emotionally. I think i will have to accept the fibromyalgia diagnosis and start working on that. I hope the doctor allows me to use the LDN, maybe that will be my turning point. I will pray for that :)