• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prevocella overgrowth and which kind of resistant starch is safe?

Hi,
I am fairly new to this list. I am working on fixing my gut problems due to an exacerbation of some of my fatigue and travelling joint/tissue pain.. (Metametrix analysis showed overgrowth of prevocella and no detectable lactobacillus).

I have been on Diflucan for several weeks, and probiotics but was supposed to be on some kind of prebiotic as well. I have never been able to tolerate psyllium and did try apple pectin but it created +++ gas. Magnesium is helping but I was curious about taking potato starch. Some posts say that it is recommended to restore your gut and well-being, but others say that if you have an autoimmune problem, which I may have, you should not use it. As well, I read that prevocella will bloom if you feed it resistant starch. I don't want to undo all the work I have been doing to restore the balance, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good prebiotic that would achieve a similar function?