• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Press release: "PACE Trial: The Making of a Medical Scandal" avail. to journalists. Please highlight

lilpink

Nicely played Tweet illustrating how the story has been twisted to be about the ruckus, not the scandal that PACE actually is. Which is why I repeat again: we must get our ship in order. Why is it always about everyone else bar the suffering of the patient? This narrative needs to be about what the Wessely School have done to people with ME and how PACE is the pivot around which the paradigm is now spinning..throwing out exponential BPS constructs such as MUS like a Catherine Wheel careering out of control & spitting out sulphurous sparks to create the maximum amount of carnage. I think Marks has a handle on this... his remarks are pithy but within the limits of what ought to be acceptable in such a debate. This is not about any one individual getting lairy, or it shouldn't be... This is about a very ill population suffering with the added burden of an Establishment who only wish that suffering to continue, promulgating a faulty 'evidence base' to that end. This is about US. I think Marks sees that..thankfully.

JaimeS

his narrative needs to be about what the Wessely School have done to people with ME and how PACE is the pivot around which the paradigm is now spinning..throwing out exponential BPS constructs such as MUS like a Catherine Wheel careering out of control & spitting out sulphurous sparks to create the maximum amount of carnage.

Vivid!

Cheshire

Hard kritikk av stor ME-studie

Ingrid Spilde
journalist
http://forskning.no/medisin-sykdommer/2017/08/hard-kritikk-av-stor-me-studie#.WYWNpLbhxuE.twitter

Google translate:
The so-called PACE study is the school example of bad research, writes journal editor. Thus, the war of ME / chronic fatigue syndrome continues.

The researchers behind the strongly criticized PACE study will not participate in a scientific debate on the matter. It is disappointing, writes the editor of the Journal of Health Psychology, which dedicated a whole number to the debate around the study.
"They behaved as if they should have a kind of right not to respond to criticism, according to editor David F. Marks.

He writes that the magazine gave PACE researchers and others who support their view many opportunities to defend the study in peer-reviewed posts. Initially, Marks invited as many critics and defenders of the study to write in the theme number.

https://translate.google.com/transl...08/hard-kritikk-av-stor-me-studie&prev=search

AndyPR

As you may know, a few days ago the Journal of Health Psychology published a very important special issue critiquing in depth the controversial, deeply flawed PACE Trial, a study which purported to provide evidence for the use of graded exercise and a very specific type of CBT in the treatment of ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known – misleadingly – as chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS).

Congratulations to the journal’s editor Prof David F Marks for taking the trouble to inform himself about the true situation regarding ME. He is one of very few scientists and health professionals who despite having no personal or pre-existing professional interest in the condition has made the effort to look at the facts and realise that – unlikely as it may seem to many – the PACE Trial and similar ‘research’ into ME by those with a fixed biopsychosocial mindset really is every bit as flawed, misleading and potentially damaging as patients have been claiming for years.

Dr David Tuller, Prof James Coyne, and Prof Jonathan Edwards are other rare free thinkers who have not been afraid to get informed and challenge the status quo – or to put it another way, to point out that the emperor is naked because that is what he is.
https://spoonseeker.com/2017/08/05/looking-at-the-evidence/

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit

AndyPR

Letter from a patient physician to David Marks.
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 16.13.54.png

From this original tweet