• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Press Release: No ‘Recovery’ in PACE Trial, New Analysis Finds

#MEaction press release available to *journalists* from me:

Patient’s FOI request torpedoes recovery claims in £5M trial of exercise therapy for CFS

Journalists can email me for a copy: iamclarkellis @ gmail dot com.

Has quotes from (and contact details for):
Alem Matthees (Patient and requester of the PACE data under the Freedom of Information Act, Australia);
Dr. David Tuller (University of California, Berkeley);
Bruce Levin (Professor and Past Chair, Department of Biostatistics, Columbia University);
Jonathan C.W. Edwards MD (Emeritus Professor of Medicine University College London);
Rebecca Goldin, PhD (Professor of Mathematical Sciences, George Mason University, USA and Director, STATS.org);
Dr Charles Shepherd (Honorary Medical Adviser, ME Association);
Zaher Nahle, PhD, MPA (Vice President for Research and Scientific Programs, Solve ME/CFS Initiative);
Dr Simon John Duffy (Director, Centre for Welfare Reform);
Carly Maryhew, JD (Patient and co-author of reanalysis paper);
Tom Kindlon (Information Officer, Irish ME/CFS Association);
Simon McGrath (Patient and science-blogger);
Jane Colby (Executive Director, The Young ME Sufferers Trust (Tymes Trust))

Please share.
This message has been posted on Twitter: https://goo.gl/uKkrnp

Yogi

Wow sounds very exciting with all those names (even without reading it). Good to see all the fruits of the communities labour being further publicised.

Another great piece of work by #MEAction and Clark Ellis!!!!

Really need to get some major news papers publishing this and news channels such as C4 and Dispatches.

BurnA

Journalists can email me for a copy: iamclarkellis @ gmail dot com.

I am curious, how do press releases work - is there method of releasing them or do the journalists have to contact you ( in this case ) or the issuer in general. Tks in any case.

Living Dead

In general, a press release is published as a news item on the organization's webside, using a name starting with "Press Release". Then journalists pick it up. This seems different.

Press releases are circulated in a number of ways. publishing on an organizations site, press release distribution services, through media companies, social media, word of mouth, contact lists, etc.

This press release is not only being distributed through social media.

charles shepherd

The press release is being sent to a large number of health journalists, science editors and other media contacts who might be interested in covering this story

The journalists have the basic facts and quotes from the various experts who are willing to talk to the media

The press release also contains our direct contact details if more info is required

CS