• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pregnancy and prudency

My sister got pregnant.

I believe she has similar neurological problems to me, related to folate, b12, glutathione, mercury.

She has no amalgam fillings. She doesn't eat much fish. If she has mercury toxicity, I suspect it is stored in her tissues, not circulating in the blood. Therefore not a threat to her unborn.

However if she has low levels of coenzyme forms of folate and b12, perhaps her child would have similar deprivation.

However I know from experience the mercury-mobilizing effects (brought into enterohepatic cycling) of restoring levels of these vitamins.

So which is the safer thing: taking a co-enzymated B-complex, or the opposite? Or perhaps I should ask: what would you do? Why or why not?

thx

Hello Forbius,

I think that mobilizing mercury during the pregnancy is quite dangerous for the child. To my opinion the problems with mercury are due to free radicals. To me helped vitamin E and vitamin D to suppress the neurological symptoms to some degree, since these fat soluble antioxidants act in nervous system and brain tissues.

Good luck to your sister,

Warmest Regards,
Leo