• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Preferences for analyzing 23&me raw data?

Which program/app do most people use? I know of: Genetic Genie, Sterling's App, LiveWello and Prometheus.

I've tried Genetic Genie and Sterling's App. No complaints with either - problem is, they don't agree. So who to believe?

To further confuse me (admittedly, not hard), the first time I ran Sterling's App I printed out the data for the v3 chip then realized I'm v4 so went back and printed those out. As expected, they were very different BUT the v3 (which I am not) had me down as being +/- for FVL and +/+ for MTHFR C677T, which agrees with a blood lab I had done several years ago. The v4 report has me as -/- for FVL and +/+ for MTHFR A1298C and -/- for C677T.

So the two mutations I "knew" I had are only showing up on an inaccurate report.

With Genetic Genie, does anyone know if I'm supposed to specify the chip that was used or does that somehow come out on its own w/in the program and automatically print the correct report?

Thanks for any help, me brain ain't what it used to be!