• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Precision medicine webinar happening now

Kati

Patient in training
I wanted to share There is a precision medicine 2 days webinar happening now (yesterday and today) and somehow I was on their mailing list. I wasn't planning to watch but noticed a presentation by John Ryals from Metabolon, presenting about metabolomics and its role with precision medicine.

https://www.labroots.com/ms/virtual-event/precision-medicine-2017/continuing-education-credits

IMG_1730.JPG

His presentation is now finished and I heard this recording will be made public only in May, but here is the salient information:

Metabolomics can be used very accurately to discriminate sick patients from healthies (the example he gave was not for me but it was quite impressive, they were given 210 blinded samples, they could find the 70 healthies, and they could find 139/140 sick patients, with the last person was receiving treatments and was in remission.

At the end of his talk he mentioned that the biggest breakthrough was in the ME/ cfs field, and that it is significant because there are about 3 millions sufferers in the US, and that there was a big likelihood we would get a breakthrough by the end ofthe year!

It's happening, guys!

There are only a few webinar sessions left, I am not likely to watch but if you are interested click the link above.

Last edited:

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
At the end of his talk he mentioned that the biggest breakthrough was in the ME/ cfs field, and that it is significant because there are about 3 millions sufferers in the US, and that there was a big likelihood we would get a breakthrough by the end ofthe year!

Just bumping this up for those of us (like me) who may have missed it. Thanks for watching and posting @Kati!