• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayer vs Wishes

Carrigon

I realized recently that there is a huge difference between actually praying and spending time with God, instead of just wishing things would get better.

When I just wish things will get better, nothing usually does. But when I actually spend the time directly asking for God's help, I find that prayers do get answers, even small ones.

So many times, someone will tell me that they pray and pray for something to happen, but the truth is, they are not praying, they are wishing. My mother used to do this. She would just wish for stuff, but not actually spend the time talking directly to God.

We need to get out of wish mode and actually ask for God's help. And when you do that, then you see that real things happen.