• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayer Tree for March and April 2015

Gingergrrl

Link to Prior Tree: Prayer Tree for January & February 2015

:star: If you are interested in participating in our Prayer Tree for March and April 2015, please add your name to this thread to be a branch or root (or both!) I have included a link to the prior tree above so you can see what it is all about!

So far I have myself (@Gingergrrl), @rosie26, and @Asa as both branches and roots for March and April. If you are interested please add your name to this thread. All are welcome! :heart:

upload_2015-3-7_22-44-54.png
upload_2015-3-7_22-46-0.png

Gingergrrl

I wanted to update the Prayer Tree for the rest of April to make sure that I have the list correct. A few people posted in an older version of the Tree or contacted me privately so I want to confirm that I am not accidentally including or excluding anyone who wants to participate!

This is my current list of people who want to be both a branch and root:

@Gingergrrl
@rosie26
@Asa
@CantThink
@Derek Conklin
@oceiv
@SpecialK82

If you can confirm by either liking this post (or posting something if you want us to pray for a more specific issue) that would be great. This tree is meant to be low pressure and whenever you feel inspired to pray (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) to include the following members in your prayers or just say, "PR Prayer Tree."

I also like to include all the people worldwide suffering with ME/CFS and all the doctors, researchers, etc, who are working so hard on our side to find a cure.

Last edited:

Derek Conklin

I wanted to update the Prayer Tree for the rest of April to make sure that I have the list correct. A few people posted in an older version of the Tree or contacted me privately so I want to confirm that I am not accidentally including or excluding anyone who wants to participate!

This is my current list of people who want to be both a branch and root:

@Gingergrrl
@rosie26
@Asa
@CantThink
@Derek Conklin
@oceiv

If you can confirm by either liking this post (or posting something if you want us to pray for a more specific issue) that would be great. This tree is meant to be low pressure and whenever you feel inspired to pray (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) to include the following members in your prayers or just say, "PR Prayer Tree."

I also like to include all the people worldwide suffering with ME/CFS and all the doctors, researchers, etc, who are working so hard on our side to find a cure.

Yes, thank you Gingergrr for adding me! I wrote down a list of these people to pray for! Lord richly Bless you for
all your efforts in this prayer tree!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
This is such a beautiful idea :angel:

@Gingergrrl I would love to be a branch and a root. I know Apl is half over, but really could use prayers now. If it's too late for Mar/Apl, I'd love to be on the tree for May/June. Thanks everybody!!

I also usually pray for all suffering from ME/CFS and people suffering from any disease, in pain, etc., but I'll add in this prayer tree and any special needs of the people here.

Gingergrrl

This is such a beautiful idea :angel:

@Gingergrrl I would love to be a branch and a root. I know Apl is half over, but really could use prayers now. If it's too late for Mar/Apl, I'd love to be on the tree for May/June. Thanks everybody!!

I also usually pray for all suffering from ME/CFS and people suffering from any disease, in pain, etc., but I'll add in this prayer tree and any special needs of the people here.

@SpecialK82 Thank you although I cannot in any way take credit for this idea and the Prayer Tree was started by a former PR member, SeaShell. When she left the board, I had several requests to continue the tree which I was happy to do. I love the image of trees as being healing and tried to keep the Prayer Tree as close to the original one as possible.

I just added you to the March/April tree in my above post and it is never too late. I try to create a new thread and tree every two months but decided to update the list today b/c I was doubting myself if I had missed posting anyone's name who wanted to be included.

oceiv

It is wonderful that you have continued this tradition. I really like the idea of including ME/CFS patients, doctors and researchers all over the world. May we have more of the latter and find help for the suffering, soon.

IMHO, this thread helps the PR community by creating this positive, supportive, low-pressure space.

Thank you, all.

Gingergrrl

Am not well enough to create a new thread so will keep this current Prayer Tree going for May and June 2015.

If anyone wants to be added or removed please post here or send me a PM. Thank you to everyone who is participating!
:hug: :angel: :heart:

allyann

Our Heavenly Father, please hear our prayers for the sick members of our PR community and for all those who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Please show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Asa

Peace to all beings.
May all beings be well and happy and free from fear.

Peace to all beings,
whether known or unknown,
visible or invisible, real or imaginary,
born or yet to be born.

Peace to all beings,
within and beyond the imagination,
in the world of ideas, in the world of memories
and in the world of dreams.

Peace in all the elements
of earth and air and fire and water,
fulfilled in space, peace.

Peace in all universes,
from the smallest cells in the body
to the greatest galaxies in space.
Peace and light rising.

Peace to all beings,
within each being here,
those beings that are of the past and
those are yet to be in the future.

Peace and love and
comfort and ease to all in need.
May they be well and happy and free from fear.

(Various versions of the above exist. I don't know which is the original. Maybe it's best though to make it your own? One source named John Garrie Rosh as (the original's) author.)

Gingergrrl

Thanks, Asa, and I wish I had a prayer or poem to contribute today but don't at the moment! Thank you to everyone who has participated in this Tree in the year that I have been involved especially to @SeaShell who created it and if you are reading this, I hope you are doing okay.

Gingergrrl

@AnnaDove I added you on the thread as a branch and root. I apologize I have not kept up with this thread as much as I used to (and would like to) but still really want to keep it going. Thank you to everyone here who has prayed for me.

rosie26

Thanks @Asa and @allyann for your prayer, wow :D that was the affect it had on me when I read it days ago.

@Gingergrrl I hope things are improving for you, I know you have been so very sick :( I am sorry I have not been able to keep up, but I am still having prayers for everyone. I also have been thinking of @SeaShell, hope she is ok. I might try to message her in the next few days.