• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS vs NMH in people with ME/CFS

Sea

It is not what was said but the way it was said. I do not care to be talked to like I did not finish elementary school.

The text for a quote should go in between the "open quote" and "close quote" tags. They open and close tags should look like this [ quote ] and [ / quote ] -- but without any spaces between the brackets, slash and words. Does that make sense?

I won't continue to go on any more about this but I find it very sad that you choose to see it in this way. "Does that make sense?" Is asking "Have I explained that properly?" It is NOT a reflection on you. Personally I appreciate when others are willing to take the time and effort required to help me learn something I did not know.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
It is not what was said but the way it was said. I do not care to be talked to like I did not finish elementary school.

Sharon, I am so sorry that my message came across the wrong way. I was not trying to insult you at all. I was trying to clear up some apparent confusion and also help with the quote tags. I feel sad that you felt insulted. Please believe me when I say that was the farthest thing from my mind.

Lots of us have have cognitive problems. I also have some "brain fog" at times. And I know that I'm not very articulate at times.

So can we just agree that I don't explain things very well and leave it at that?

:angel: Truce? Peace? :angel:

I have no interest in fighting, and assume that we all have brain fog going on, as well as other issues. I did know this information, and the way it came across seemed patronizing. I was trying to get the information in quotations but had a difficult time with cutting and pasting on an ipad. This is why I specifically gave Dr. Rowe credit.

Things can be misinterpreted when they are written as the emotional aspect left off. No hard feelings, I just wanted you to be aware that I was no oblivious to the information you were sharing.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Sushi

Thanks for posting the information about the doctor who did your tilt table test. I have no idea whether I'll ever need/want more testing. But it's really nice to know where to find a compassionate doctor who is also an expert in this area -- not only testing but also for exploring new/different treatment options.