• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTASSIUM- when does the Hypokalemia stop ??????

ldn

Hi Fredd

Many thanks for your info- at the moment I am following Rich Van Konynenburg's simplified protocol ( with Dr Myhills UK adjustments)- could you please send me a link to the version which includes adb12 and l-carntine fumarate . Have been in London the last two days with quite a lot of walking, potassium drops have been extreme. I am taking perindopril an ACE blood pressure medication -is it possible that this could be screwing with the potassium supplements and the combination creating low blood pressure ? These are typical GP questions , however, I am cursed ( like many in the UK) with a doctor who wants nothing to do with CFS. Regards,

Ldn

Freddd

Hi Fredd

Many thanks for your info- at the moment I am following Rich Van Konynenburg's simplified protocol ( with Dr Myhills UK adjustments)- could you please send me a link to the version which includes adb12 and l-carntine fumarate . Have been in London the last two days with quite a lot of walking, potassium drops have been extreme. I am taking perindopril an ACE blood pressure medication -is it possible that this could be screwing with the potassium supplements and the combination creating low blood pressure ? These are typical GP questions , however, I am cursed ( like many in the UK) with a doctor who wants nothing to do with CFS. Regards,

Ldn

Hi LDN,

Daisychain has kindly provided the link. As that thread progresses updated versions are posted from time to time. The later posts of earlier posts are the up to date ones.

On the Active b12 protocol there is no "Simplified" version. I found that if a person attempts to do a simpliefied version they get into an unstable stop and go as healing stops over and over as there is one induced deficiency after another. Since the active mb12/adb12/Methylfolate will start blocked methylation in hours normally, even with very small doses of active b12s, low potassium typically appears on the third day and healing outrunning folate can also appear about the third day, there are some immediate things to balance out. To heal the body and neurology takes a lot more than just those items. The active protocol needs an active involvement to consciously learn to notice the symptoms of dropping potassium and folate insufficiency and correct them rather than sufferring indefinitely with "detox" which in these cases is a misnomer.

I don't know what effects potassium might have on an ACE medication. However, have you verified that you have had the healing startup with the low potassium? In other words does the potassium relieve the low potassium specific symptoms? Low potassium can cause HIGH blood pressure so taking potassium can certainly lower blood pressure that is high becaseu of low potassium.

ldn

Thanks Fredd- taking potassium supplements definitely counteracts the drops- I just became concerned about taking too much and its interaction with the perindopril.The two days in London created an exceptional demand as it was the most active I have been since starting the methylation program. I will see my GP about the ace inhibitor.

Today still in recovery from my activity I added in adb12 and acetyl l-carntine - the response has been extremely encouraging- leg pain and incredible exhaustion lifted, mood improvement and greater mental clarity.Will continue with the additions.

place

Be Strong!
This happened to me this week 5/6 of Myth! It's like all of a sudden I need major Potassium! I jumped from 500 to 2500. But I have major muscle failure. I just felt a strain lifting a pan to the stove to cook dinner. I may have been sick in the past but I could life a 75 pound kid in a heart beat.

I have L-Carntine but I dont have the furmarate. Does it really make a difference which kind it is?

Freddd

This happened to me this week 5/6 of Myth! It's like all of a sudden I need major Potassium! I jumped from 500 to 2500. But I have major muscle failure. I just felt a strain lifting a pan to the stove to cook dinner. I may have been sick in the past but I could life a 75 pound kid in a heart beat.

I have L-Carntine but I dont have the furmarate. Does it really make a difference which kind it is?

HI Place,

For MANY people the form does make a big difference and for others it doesn't. I don't know why. THis is one of those things learned by trial and may be different for different people.