• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

post exertional symptoms

voner

Yep.

Have you noticed what your symptoms are when your insomnia occurs?

uni

Hmm, basically a wired feeling. Brain is unable to calm down and fall alseep. Of course, I feel worse the next day if I haven't slept well the previous night.

Seadragon

YES - I have poor feverish sleep with night sweats and body pain, bad nightmares and only "half sleep".

I have to do very little activity for the next day or two to get my sleep back to "normal".

Love Esperanza x

Sparrow

Yep. Me too. If I've overdone it, I have a ton of trouble shaking that wired feeling at night. If I've managed to stay within my comfortable limits, I tend to get to sleep okay.

taniaaust1

Yes.. over doing it can either cause worst insomina issues then I usually have or go the complete opposite other way and cause hypersomina for me. I never know what symptoms Im going to trigger when I over do things.