• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

possible source of higher methylfolate dose?

Aerose91

Im at a dose of about 20 mg/day now so im blowing through the solgar 1mg and its very expensive. I was looking for over the counter 5-15mg methylfolate and found this one, type (6S)-5-MTHF calcium salt. I know 6S-5-MTHF is a good form but im not sure about the calciun salt. Plus ive never heard of this brand before. Anyone more informed on a source of 5mg or higher that isnt deplin?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B6RFYFM/ref=pd_aw_sim_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51VPYrSybHL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=00W9K9Y03BBR7ZDMYHPZ

Thanks for any help

Aerose91

I actually read that which is where i found out 6S is the same as L but it doesnt have any mention of calcium salt. I haven't seen that type anywhere else. Plus, i want to check with the masses on the brand

Kitsune

Solgar do a 5mg; I've got it on order for myself. Solgar's B12 is certainly better than the Jarrow, which I saw recommended on the forum and initially bought, not having come across later posts that said they'd changed their formula and weren't so good anymore. I took some yesterday and felt pretty bad; back on the Solgar today. I was trying to find a transdermal B12, but once I found the 5mg Solgar I knew I'd stick with that; the 'nuggets' are really convenient to take IMO.

Aerose91

The 5mg solgar are what i take for mb12 as well. This is methylfolate though, i need to find a higher dose than 1mg

Kitsune

Ah - sorry,. brain fog :(

Added in edit But yes, I'd be interested in help with the OP's question too. If you ramp up your folate dosage, surely 1mg pills aren't going to be practical on a number of levels.

Last edited: