• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possible pancreas problems?

I wasn't sure where to put this.

I have for a couple of years, more chronically recently, a pain below my left ribcage.
I assumed it was my stomach except one time I thought it could be spleen but it wasn't.

Today my dad had some medical image of a the human body, or part of it, it looked like a child's toy where you take bits out and put them back, made of foam.

And right where my pain seems to be is the pancreas.

Now as I said, it was a child's toy so it could of been wrongly placed just by a few centimetres so I could be wrong.

But it is a pain literally right below the bottom of my left ribcage and a tiny bit 'under' my ribcage.

I get a lot of nausea, worse at night.

I used to get it more acutely at night but have changed my diet, I have gone on the scd diet but still can't have nuts, seeds or oils (fatty things really) except for peanut butter which has a small amount of palm oil in, which seems to be ok, well at least compared to everything else. But the pain and dull ache is more chronic now.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or had experienced anything like this?

I look forward to your reply.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Have you looked into pancreatitis? Here is the definition from WebMD. It also references gallstones

Symptoms of acute pancreatitis may include:

• Upper abdominal pain that radiates into the back; patients may describe this as a "boring sensation" that may be aggravated by eating, especially foods high in fat.
  • Swollen and tender abdomen
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Fever
  • Increased heart rate
Symptoms of chronic pancreatitis

The symptoms of chronic pancreatitis are similar to those of acute pancreatitis. Patients frequently experience constant pain in the upper abdomen that radiates to the back. In some patients, the pain may be disabling. Other symptoms may include weight loss caused by poor absorption (malabsorption) of food. This malabsorption occurs because the gland is not secreting enough enzymes to break down the food normally. Also, diabetes may develop if the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas become damaged.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I read somewhere that pancreatitis is more prevalent in PWME than in the general population. I think a visit to a doctor would be in order.