• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

possible new bond uni cfs studies, australia

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I did ask about treatment trials but they said they wont be persuing this at them moment and just interested in working on a diagnostic test for cfs. They said that the previous study carried out between cfs group and healhty controls shows cfs people have abnormal immunity which nk bright cells are a big part, also think that cd8 lymphocyte have shown dysfunction but not certain of this.

They they are now looking into more immune tests/signitures, this time comparing cfs to ms and rheumatiod athritis, so they need to find if these signatures a unique to cfs. Test is going to be 3 monthly testing by blood tests, so dont know how long its over.

So it sounds interesting and if u live in the brisbane gold coast area, you maybe able to get into this study and get some free nk function testing done and maybe a few other tests. If interested contact jillian parkes from bond uni jparkes@bond.edu.au<mailto:escheerm@bond.edu.au>

cheers!!!

Allyson

Hi Heaps,

thanks for the post but I thought the Bond Uni ME program had moved to Griffith Uni in NSW?
That is what the lead researcher said in a paper she gave at the recent ME CFS Victoria conference in Melbourne at least.
That the whole kit and kaboodle was moving about now to Griffith uni - quite a large research team.
is this still the same team do you know or have more people started at Bond?

ukxmrv

I think it may be the same team? Heapsreal posted this in March.

I contacted someone at Bond a couple of weeks ago. They said everything was on hold until they moved to Griffin soon.

taniaaust1

For anyone wanting to donate to a very worthwhile ME/CFS cause.

"The Alison Hunter Memorial Foundation" its "Medical Research Trust" money is to be used towards the purchase of a flow cytometer (which measures immune function) for the Griffith University ..new home for the Bond Research Team.

I ordered a DVD from there this week (last one they had of what I wanted :) ) and instead of keeping my money for the cost of the DVD.. they actually put it all into the trust to be used for that.

The way to help ME research move forward faster..would be for more patients to put funding into it.. seeing we all know governments dont care much about this. It may all be up to us to help change things. Support good orgs.. support good study groups.

Hi guys just to clear up a wee bit of confusion. Professor Sonya Marshall- Gradisnik is now at Griffith University which is at Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia i.e. just up the road from Bond University.
Both Bond University (private) and Griffith University (public) have medical schools.

Any support provided to Dr Sonya and Dr Don Staines with their research and to support them will help us all. Despite having top ME researchers on the Gold Coast ME is still little understood by many Dr's on the Gold Coast as in other parts of the world.

"The Alison Hunter Memorial Foundation" its "Medical Research Trust" money is to be used towards the purchase of a flow cytometer (which measures immune function) anything to help this cause will help ME patients world wide. The current flow cytometer is 5 years old and a new one is needed that can look at blood cell by cell!!

Allyson

Thanks indeed for the update and clarification fred; please keep us posted too infuture; your input is much appreciated.
Good to see they are calling it ME now and not using the dreaded f- word !