• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poor tissue hydration

Chriswolf

I go through periods of time where I feel as if my body is not hydrating well in a general sense.

Does anyone experience this, and what strategies if any do you have to combat it?

Tammy

Yes..............experience that often but have not found anything in general that I think is helping.

sarah darwins

Yes. For me it's a precursor to a crash.

I've tried every imaginable electrolyte drink, homemade and commercial, and I think they do help a bit, but they're not enough. Weirdly, a bit of refined sugar + electrolytes + caffeine seems to work better. But still not enough. Only thing that really helps is all of the above + total cessation of activity.

So for me it's another warning sign, better heeded than treated.

Chriswolf

Thanks for the replies everyone.

A preferred electrolyte cocktail of mine is a bit of water, sea salt and vegetable glycerin.

It does seem to help with hydration and prolong the recurrence of symptoms better than your off the shelf sports drink.