• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poop: the cure of the future?

natasa778

http://chriskresser.com/poop-the-cure-of-the-future

Poop has been all over the news lately. (And no, I’m not talking about the recent election.) I’m referring to fecal transplant, the process of transferring a healthy person’s stool into a sick person’s colon in order to restore the bacterial balance. It sounds bizarre, and even a little crazy, but doctors and scientists all over the country are discovering just how effective fecal transplants can be....

btw interesting comment below from a vet:

I’m a vet, it’s something that’s commonly done in horses to restore the flora after colics and/or antibiotics… just take some stool of a normal horse, dilute it un water and give it through a stomac tube, cheap and easy.

;)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
btw interesting comment below from a vet:

I’m a vet, it’s something that’s commonly done in horses to restore the flora after colics and/or antibiotics… just take some stool of a normal horse, dilute it un water and give it through a stomac tube, cheap and easy.

;)

That is interesting - it's such a new thing in human medicine (as far as I know) and that vet's comment makes it sound as though vets have been using it for ages.

The Chicago Tribune say it all. The therapy is too cheap. It will interfere with Merck's new pricey drug.

And why should this therapy be limited to people have relapsed three times, to C. diff? What about the hundreds of thousands of people who have plain ol' IBS, and live with it year after year?
Another reason to troll, be grouchy, angry at medicine.

Fecal transplants might initially be appropriate for patients who have had a third recurrence - or about 25,000 Americans each year, according to Dr. Sahil Khanna, a Mayo Clinic gastroenterologist. That number could rise as the procedure becomes more widely accepted, and pose perhaps the biggest threat to sales of Merck's experimental drug, which is expected to target a similar patient group.