• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Have you been tested for enteroviruses?

Have you been tested for enteroviruses by neutralizing antibodies and/or viral protein tests?

• Yes, Coxsackie B antibodies, and I was positive

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Yes, echovirus antibodies, and I was positive

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Yes, Coxsackie B antibodies, and I was negative

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Yes, echovirus antibodies, and I was negative

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Yes, I had a VP1 blood (UK) or tissue test (Chia) and I was positive

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Yes, I had a VP1 blood (UK) or tissue test (Chia) and I was negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have not been tested for Coxsackie B antibodies or VP1

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No, I have not been tested for echovirus antibodies or VP1

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters

halcyon

Poll is multiple choice so please choose all that apply to you. A positive antibody titer result is one that the lab flagged as indicative of current or recent infection. Please don't answer yes if your test was negative and done by complement fixation (CF), for example if it was done by Focus Diagnostics in the USA. If you're not sure, post where your test was done and we can try to figure out what method it was.

halcyon

I had thought about putting that in there but the false negative rate for that in chronic infections is so high, much like the CF test. I also figured almost nobody will have had that test but I guess I was wrong on that count. :redface:

I guess you can select the last two questions then.

halcyon

I'm under the impression that pcr determines only acute disease.
It works best when viremia is occurring yes, during the acute phase of the infection. Dr. Chia tried very hard to locate the virus in the blood with PCR and found it was too unreliable. It's very easy to find in tissue or to find the antibodies in the blood.

jstefl

I see I made a mistake. I should have checked the box that says I was positive for a tissue test from Dr. Chia also. My test showed over 50% of the cells were infected.

John

halcyon

I see I made a mistake. I should have checked the box that says I was positive for a tissue test from Dr. Chia also. My test showed over 50% of the cells were infected.

John
Antibody tests were positive as well though?