• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll for Causation Models of Chronic Enivronmental Disease

What is the greatest sole underlying probable weighted causitive risk of developing Chronic Disease?

• Gluten (Celiac and Gluten Insensitivity)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dairy (Lactose, Casein allergy, etc)

• Vitamin D deficiency

• High Glycemic Oxidative Food (Corn syrup, sugar, grains, carbs, sodas, potatoes)

• Epstein Bar Virus, CMV, other related

• Herpes Hetero Virus 6, HHV1, HHV2

• Candida

• Individual and Varities of Food Antigen, Food autoimmune triggers

• Total voters

Sam7777

I have been trying and trying to review Chris Shade, Larry Wilson, Andrew Cutler, Freddd, Russell Jaffe, Boyd Haley, Klinghardt, Richard K Vank, Natasha Campbell McBride, Kenneth Bockman, Nora Gegaudas, Gary Null, Mercola, and countless other sources over what the underpinning etiology of degenerative disease is, particularly the prognosis of it developing into full blown conditions. What I do know, many, many people exist on a grey area of the spectrum where they haven't fully been diagnosed. So what follows is a poll to determine what people feel like has the highest probability to cause disease and the highest association with disease.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sam7777

Hi, the poll is a nice idea but I think it may be too broad for chronic disease as one category as chronic diseases differ so much. Maybe you could change it to ask about one chronic disease?

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sam7777

Excellent point so let me clarify what kind of outcome I am expecting.

I believe that while many different diseases form from different routes, some diseases and some routes overall are more prevalent. That is what I am hoping will show in these results.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sam7777

Yet, for instance, all of those are probably involved in ME/CFS, and it would be very hard to rank them, as frankly we don't know that answer. And, while some are likely more important than others, some things in the list are more likely consequences rather than causal factors.

Sushi

ahmo

I agree w/ Sushi. This might work better if you poll for how many of these things are contributing to an individual's illness, rather than which one we think is causal. ahmo

ukxmrv

can you add something along these lines?

1. An unknown virus
2. Genetics
3. An unknown pathogen
4. common pathogens and viri found in patients with chronic disease
5. Mixture of genetics and pathogens

and maybe something like

6. None of the above
7. Wouldn't have a clue, the question is too vague

Sam7777

ahmo

You can vote for multiple selections, so in effect you are able to select the number that you believe are contributing to your overall illness.

For instance, when I voted, I selected 6 different things.

Compromised immune system caused by any of the above (or undiscovered pathogens/viri like ukxmrv said), but with epigenetic/genetic predispositions in place first. Usually with stress weakening the immune system too.

Freddd

I have been trying and trying to review Chris Shade, Larry Wilson, Andrew Cutler, Freddd, Russell Jaffe, Boyd Haley, Klinghardt, Richard K Vank, Natasha Campbell McBride, Kenneth Bockman, Nora Gegaudas, Gary Null, Mercola, and countless other sources over what the underpinning etiology of degenerative disease is, particularly the prognosis of it developing into full blown conditions. What I do know, many, many people exist on a grey area of the spectrum where they haven't fully been diagnosed. So what follows is a poll to determine what people feel like has the highest probability to cause disease and the highest association with disease.

Hi Sam,

I would say that it is lack of the Deadlock quartet in any different variations and varying co-deficiencies. See the list in Active B12 protocol Basics.