• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please SIGN PETITION AGAINST the NOMINATION OF SUZANNE VERNON for the CFSAC

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Just to let you all know that there are already 121 signature on Khaly's petition.

There was only 61 this morning. So KEEP "EM COMING!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
168 people have signed as of 8:25 this a.m.

Many great comments were posted, along with this one by Joan Grobstein:

"Dr. Vernon is one of the authors of the Reeves (2005) empiric definition of CFS. She has never repudiated that definition or the misleading research done on cohorts defined by it. Until she does so, it seems unlikely that she will be able to bring any clarity to CFSAC"

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Andrew--

I don't have time to track this down right now.

I'm sure Khaly Castle, who created this petition, knows what to do with it.

mezombie

Hi Andrew,

Khaly will make sure the petition gets to the CFSAC one way or another.

Dr. Nancy C. Lee is the Executive Secretary of the CFSAC and coordinates it currently.

She is part of the Office of Women's Health at HHS, which has its own Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/HHSOWH, should you wish to post something there.

The best thing you can do at the moment is share the petition with like-minded friends and urge them to sign it.

Thanks!
MZ

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Who is the person over the CFSAC that should be notified this petition exists?

Khaly is going to submit the petition to Nancy Lee and Dennis Mangan, once it hits 200 signatures.
It will be left open for more after that.

ONLY 14 MORE SIGNATURES NEEDED TO REACH 200.

*GG*

Is there a way to post this on Facebook? It doesn't appear so, I liked the thread, but not sure how visible this will make it?

GG

mezombie