• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please send an email for Karina

Min

This is from the Justice for Karina facebook page

Justice for Karina Hansen

Important Call to Action: Send an email before June 25th! Please share!!!

Rebecca Hansen, the chairman of the ME Association Denmark, has shared this information with us and is asking everyone to join in sending respectful emails to request Karina Hansen's current state- appointed guardian not be appointed for another year. Please see her letter below for detailed information.

For more background information please see our article about our second opinion campaign at http://justiceforkarina.webs.com/ap...en-deserves-a-second-opinion-by-an-me-expert- and the open letter we sent to Karina Hansen's current guardian in English at http://justiceforkarina.webs.com/apps/blog/show/41293312-open-letter-to-guardian and in Danish at http://justiceforkarina.webs.com/ap...anslation-of-open-letter-to-karina-s-guardian . This guardian did not reply to our letter or petition.

Please share this information among patient communities and human rights communities!

Letter from Rebecca Hansen below:

New Guardian for Karina?

On Wednesday the 25th of June, the court in Holstebro will decide if Karina’s current guardian, Kaj Stendorf, should be allowed to continue as her guardian for another year. The current guardianship expires the 1st of July. This decision will be made on June 25th, even though it has still not been determined if the original decision to give her a guardian is legal. That case will not be heard until September.

It is absolutely clear to me that Kaj Stendorf should not be allowed to continue as Karina’s guardian because he has completely failed to do his job. As a guardian he is obligated to ensure that the patient’s interests and rights are protected and that a patient receives the best possible treatment. He has utterly failed to do this. He has not allowed Karina to have a second opinion from ME experts and has not given Karina’s parents permission to visit her. A caseworker from Holstebro admitted to the Holstebro newspaper that Karina’s parents have done nothing wrong and are not responsible for Karina’s illness, so there are no legal or medical reasons why they should be denied visiting rights. Stendorf should have allowed them to visit. But under his guardianship, Karina’s human rights have been completely ignored. A list of these infractions was sent to him, and a long list of Danish officials, in May by the Coalition for Diagnostic Rights. http://www.diagnosticrights.org/the...-minister-of-health-on-karina-hansens-behalf/ They have received no response.

No Justice for Karina under Current Guardian

Stendorf has stated that he totally believes in the psychiatric diagnosis of PAWS and the treatments that the psychiatrists are giving Karina and is not interested in hearing other ideas about her illness. He should evaluate her medical situation and make informed decisions about her care. Yet he has refused to look into her medical history as he says he does not understand it. Instead he blindly follows the advice of Nils Balle Christensen and Per Fink, the psychiatrists in charge of Karina. He has stated that he can only ride one horse at a time and he knows which horse he will ride on.

He should be a champion for Karina and be standing up for her rights! Instead he has become a puppet controlled by Nils Balle Christensen and Per Fink. Stendorf has failed so spectacularly in doing his job that I cannot see any reason why he should be reappointed as Karina’s guardian.

The least he could have done, was to allow a second opinion by an ME expert. For this reason alone he should not be reappointed as her guardian. If you agree with me, please write a short email to the court in Holstebro with copies to the Minister of Health and to Justice for Karina.

Karina will never receive justice as long as Kaj Stendorf is her guardian.

Rebecca Hansen

Suggested subject line for email: Guardianship of Karina Hansen

Court in Holstebro: holstebro@domstol.dk
CC to:
Minister of Health, Nick Haekkerup: sum@sum.dk
Justice for Karina: justice4karinahansen@hotmail.com

(By sending it to Justice For Karina Hansen we will see how many emails have been sent. Thank you.)

(Denmark is several hours ahead of the US)