• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please Help: Antivirals or Ampligen?

Crappy

I have experienced this

The closest thing I could find to explain my symptoms is an old article from Dr. Cheney, here:
http://www.ei-resource.org/articles...cheney:-balance-the-immune-system-(th1th2)-/

Cheney notes that other problems ensue. Patients get into trouble on both sides: they overreact to things on the right side and under-react to those on the left. When they are Th2 activated, they no longer have the defense mechanisms to keep dormant all the things they caught in the past. They cannot suppress or control them anymore, and the EBV, chlamydia pneumonia, CMV, etc. reactivate. The yeast also begins to appear.

The only defense against being eaten alive at this point is RNase L. (For more information about RNase L, see The Three Phases of CFIDS and other articles in the Cheney section of our website.) RNase L cannot kill any of these things. It only stops them from reproducing. According to Cheney, "It's a line in the sand saying 'No more replication', and it waits for Th1 to come and kill them. But Th1 never comes. RNase L sits there and grinds away, possibly going up and down as the pathogens activate and reactivate. But they never get wiped out. RNase L holds the line, waiting for the cavalry that never arrives."

While it is valiantly trying to hold the line, it is also chewing up human messenger RNA, inhibiting all the enzymes in the body, disrupting protein synthesis, and generally making patients miserable. As RNase L grinds away, it eventually shifts into "after-burner" desperation mode - the more powerful and deadly low molecular weight form discovered in CFIDS patients by Suhaldonik.

Cheney commented "RNase L is a very good anti-cancer defense. So as long as you're involved in this scenario, you don't get cancer. But a lack of growth hormone will wipe out RNase L, and we now know there is profound loss of growth hormone in CFIDS. Growth hormone is responsible for protein synthesis, and RNase L is a protein. So if you lose growth hormone, you lose protein synthesis, including RNase L. That may explain why, as the disease wears on and you get more injury, you stop seeing high levels of RNase L. You can't make it anymore."

As he stated in this part, "it is also chewing up human messenger RNA, inhibiting all the enzymes in the body, disrupting protein synthesis, and generally making patients miserable. As RNase L grinds away, it eventually shifts into "after-burner" desperation mode - the more powerful and deadly low molecular weight form", this statement coincides with what I have experienced similar to your description.

If my layman interpretation is correct, you are suffering significant pathogen reactivation, a loss of enzyme activity, and loss of protein synthesis. What helps me is Human Growth Hormone replacement. Using the Hormone directly is detrimental, you need professional help for a way to supplement, that causes your body to make more. I use http://www.transd.com/ , immediately you could try predigested protein and supplement enzymes to supply elemental building blocks.
http://www.nextag.com/predigested-protein/stores-html
http://www.bizrate.com/vitamins-nutrition/enzymes/

I theorize what Cheney describes causes the nervous system lining to become more porous and the pathogens and immune cells penetrate it at an increasing rate.

I don't know about you, but I cannot travel like that. I would find someone close by to get quick help with what I outlined and then make plans to find a good ME Dr.

Crappy

Dr. Sharp

I notice many quick to follow Cindy Willis positive post regarding Dr. Sharp in Texas. I suspect she is a plant by an advocate of Dr. Sharp.

NOT REALLY!

I believe Cindy Willis was an easy case, as disclosed by herself, and has experienced the miracle recovery we all deserve.

I have known Dr. Sharp for two years and have been sadly disappointed. Much like many of the comments about Gordon Inc. here:
http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showth...r-with-WPI)-Mikovts-lecture-and-XMRV-Findings

For those of you new to this struggle (less than five years), I urge caution when seeking treatment. If you are lucky enough to be ill less than five years I think treatments are coming around to help you regain your life. But caution in choosing a Dr. is advised, most are BIG on SALES, and SHORT on RESULTS! I have been as gullible as anyone. Just acknowledging CFS/ME is a good start.

I have been sick 10 yrs., I have paid Dr. Sharp a few thousand with no results yet, and like Gordon Inc. patients, I am not alone . To make matters worse Dr. Sharp promised a revised Dr. Cheney protocol the first November and he has yet to deliver on it.