• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PLEASE COMMENT:Research overlooks sufferers may have several illnesses not one or two

drjohn

LETTER PUBLISHED: Research overlooks that sufferers may have several illnesses not one or two (Bristol Evening Post 27 September 2011)

PERMISSION TO FORWARD AND RE-POST ON OTHER FORUMS, SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND USE IN NEWSLETTERS

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Rese...rs-illnesses/story-13410821-detail/story.html

Short link: http://tinyurl.com/5szwxmu

May I suggest that as many as are able send an e-mail in reply, expressing a variety of opinions. You may also leave a comment below the letter online -- Trolls stay in your caves, please.

I have started comments section with this one,

Thank you very much for publishing this letter about the crucial issue of separating M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) from "fatigue" and its bookends "Chronic" and "syndrome", which so many of us believe is impeding progress towards recovery of people who have been ill for decades, not only M.E. sufferers but those with other illnesses who have been bundled as CFS. Treatment recommendations such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) have been proved ineffective or even harmful and it has been an open door for unregulated charlatans' unproven and costly interventions.

I have forwarded the web link to fellow sufferers and researchers worldwide, including Dr Crawley, encouraging as many as can manage to contribute a variety of opinions. I have suggested that Trolls stay in their caves and we only have intelligent contributions on the basis of which well-designed research can proceed. Thanks again, Evening Post, for allowing a platform for the standard of debate rarely seen in newspapers for general readership but reserved for scientific journals to which fewer have access.

[Please don't take the bait of any Trolls, or be one yourself. Take some time to compose your comment, don't send in high emotion and let us make a difference.]

Best wishes
John
drjohngreensmith@mecommunitytrust.org
M.E. Community Trust.org