• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PIP Appeal problem (UK)

Wonko

Could you get someone to go along with you and represent you preferably with experience in ASD and complications
I don't know anyone, I don't go out much, I don't talk to people I don't know, I only use the phone for emergencies (can cause a lot of problems that one), I currently only have one friend and she is too ill ATM to ask something like this (normally she would have insisted I go and that she went with me, when the fact that they wanted an oral hearing no such offer was made, so she can't), and TBH probably wouldn't cut any ice anyway, her parents are in their 70s and whilst they do help me out, with some things, they are worried sick about her, and trying to help her. I did take her mother to the PIP assessment and whilst I appreciated her presence, and getting me there etc. she wasn't actually any help re the assessor.

They don't need anything additional to worry about.

I will give further thought to how to get around this, it's still almost certain I won't go, what I'm considering is if, as they are in Bedford anyway (traveling from Luton) if they could come here, provided it was short and they didn't crowd me.....