• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Photopheresis to restore ME/CFS immune tolerance? (T-Cells / Immature DCs / Apoptotic leukocytes)

Frenchguy

Hi all,

I have seen the doctor of the French blood institute yesterday.

They uses a dissociated system in collaboration with the university hospital. Technically, they will treat 4 liters of my blood (centrifugation). After centrifugation of theses 4 liters (in multiples pass, take approximately 2 hours ), they obtain approximately 100 ml of blood (lymphocytes). They mix the 100ml with 200 ml saline and then, the blood is irradiated with the UV.

They reinfuse the blood after the irradiation (take 1 to 2 Hours). The blood is irradiated and reinfused at the Hospital.

My doctor is currently speaking with the hospital to have an appointment for the reinfusion.

I will begin treatment early in January normally.
My doc have prescribed 1 session per week for on month at the moment.

David