• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phosphatidylserine: high Dopamine/ low cortisol

Hope78

Hi!

I have very high dopamine (probably due to comt polymorphism, still waiting for my results) and very low cortisol at noon and in the evening. Morning cortisol is normal to high. Also serum cortisol is high (only free saliva cortisol is low).
My doctor prescribed phosphatidylserine. I was so nervous that I forgot to ask why!
She also described phopshatidylcholine.

One of my main problems are early morning awakenings and always feeling hyper and exhausted at the same time.

I read several times that phosphatidylserine lowers cortisol. And I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing for me as serum cortisol is in the upper range and free cortisol is low. I also read that the PS is increasing dopamine.

So any suggestions if taking PS is a good idea? And could the PC counteract some of the effects of the PS?

I am already feeling totally hyper, even after only 3 hours of sleep (I am unable to feel tired but at the same time am bodily so exhausted that I can barely walk half a mile). So all that I want is something that calms me down instead of pushing the "wired" state..

Any experiences/suggestions?

I am also going to start some choline infusions