• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phlegm after amalgam removals

Hello,

I have an annoying problems following amalgam removal treatments. In general, my situation is better now from the energy aspect but I experinced symptoms of coughs and few months later began to have a lot of phlegm/mucous, especially in the morning and after kinds of food as milk that took many efforts to take it out. I was tested for a kind of candida and the result was positive. I also had headeches following the above efforts and sometimes after eating, nausea weakness face muscles (eyelips..). I have doubts about treating the candida because the candida destruction's symptoms are too hard for me. I have knowledge about chelation (Dmsa/Dmps/ALA,cutler protocol) but short period of taking dmsa (muscle weakness after) weren't so good, maybe because of the candida. If someone has suggestions for my situation, can recommend a therapist view/a therapist for people from all over the world or a protocol, it can be very helpful.
good recovery vibes to all of you.

Adster

Nystatin is pretty gentle as far as candida treatments go, perhaps one thing worth trying would be a very low dose and working up slowly.

Does Nystatin's effect suppose to be stronger than Fluconazole and affects the liver in the same strength? I tried Fluco' and it was too hard for me. If I'm not wrong, I read somewhere that Nystatin can destroy the younger candida, the descendants. I also curious if people succeed with doing the chelation or other detox method without sighnificantly desrtoy the candida/fungus before or cope with it while they detox.

Adster

Nystatin is great because it apparently has no effect on the liver as it's not absorbed at all(I think), so it's much easier to tolerate than others. I think it's probably less powerful against the candida though. I think chelation/treating the candida work together as candida and mercury toxicity go hand in hand. I use nystatin and the cutler protocol together, I still have issues with candida.

Is Cutler's protocol help you so far? Do I have to get a prescription physician to buy Nystatin in the states?

Adster

The Cutler protocol has been one of the most helpful things for me, but if I don't keep it up I do slip backward over time. I think you do need a prescription for nystatin in the US but I'm not 100% on that.

How long have you tried Cutler protocol and what is your chelator's dose? Do you know if it can also help to the symptoms after amalgam removal like my phlegm, probably fungus in the esophagus and what kind of chelator remove the heavy metals from this body's region? I'm not sure if there's still residuals from the removal in the place where the candida/fungus are growing.

Adster

I've been using the protocol on and off for over 3 years now. I don't know if I am getting improvements because of mercury removal, or because DMSA is boosting glutathione directly. It could be one or both. I started on 5mg of DMSA every 4 hours, now I am on 12.5mg.

I have had issues for many years with mucus and post nasal drip also. The best thing to help that for me has been diet modification, but it is a very strict diet. For me the mucus seems to be linked to reflux, so reducing foods that irritate my gut seem to also improve the mucus issues.

I've been using the protocol on and off for over 3 years now. I don't know if I am getting improvements because of mercury removal, or because DMSA is boosting glutathione directly. It could be one or both. I started on 5mg of DMSA every 4 hours, now I am on 12.5mg.
Isn't it worth to add glutathione through the skin or orally in order to see if the situation improve just due to this add-in?

I have had issues for many years with mucus and post nasal drip also. The best thing to help that for me has been diet modification, but it is a very strict diet. For me the mucus seems to be linked to reflux, so reducing foods that irritate my gut seem to also improve the mucus issues.
I feel sorry for you about having the mucus for a long time.. I assume that in my situation it's also connecting to reflux so reducing foods that irritate your gut was the "only" limitation principle in you diet? I try to improve this problem by reducing foods that raises mucus and allergy.

Adster

I have tried glutathione and NAC but DMSA seems to give a cumulative improvement if I keep it up that NAC etc do not. NAC has many side effects too over time. Some say NAC and glutathione are bad if you suspect mercury toxicity.

I worked out which foods were causing reflux by elimination and challenge testing. Lentils were one good example that I didn't expect. Chickpeas will also cause it in excess. I think that probiotics have helped this also. My memory is terrible, so there may be things I am forgetting here!

When I've been trying dmsa for a short time it has followed with muscles weakness. I also had candida. It's important for me to know the reasons for this muscle weakness and if it is usually happends for a limited period, if it connects to candida or/and for other reasons so if someone has information on it or possible solutions for this weakness it can be very helpful to me.

I worked out which foods were causing reflux by elimination and challenge testing.I worked out which foods were causing reflux by elimination and challenge testing.
I'm curios to know what is this challenge test.

Adster

I think DMSA will also pull some other minerals like zinc and magnesium, maybe these are causing muscle weakness? I've also heard people say it's hard on the adrenal glands. Try taking magnesium/potassium and zinc perhaps and see if that helps. I try to take those things away from the dose of DMSA though.

The challenge test is going on a very strict diet and then reintroducing foods that you think you may have a reaction to. You can use this diet as a baseline http://failsafediet.wordpress.com/ but there will still be things on there you might react to.

A good probiotic might help with the candida too.

I know it's recommended to support the adrenal glands but if we are talking about supplements, I just don't know about good qualified, vegetarian and unstimulate supplements for adrenat support.