• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pharmagaba lactic acid, histamine

I read Pharmagaba info on the website and wonder if it will effect lactate and histamine for people with histamine, lactate issue since it used fermentation Lactobacillus?

GABA (γ-amino butyric acid) is a major brain chemical and exists naturally in many kinds of foods at low levels, especially in fermented food products.

PharmaGABATM is a natural form of GABA
manufactured by a fermentation process using a Lactobacillus bacteria – the same kind of bacteria used to ferment vegetables, cheese, wine and other traditional diets. The bacteria are fed nutrients, including glutamic acid from sugar cane, to produce a high level of GABA

Any insight on this matter?:confused:
Thank you :)

Last edited:

PeterPositive

Hi,
I have problems with histamine and high histamine food and I take GABA without any side effects.
I take it only if I need it. If I am not particularly anxious or wired I don't take it. My dosage is 250mg 1-2 day, depending on how I feel.

Lately I've been using ashwaganda and it seems like a good substitute/alternative to GABA, in terms of anxiety control or sleep aid.

cheers

Hi,
I have problems with histamine and high histamine food and I take GABA without any side effects.
I take it only if I need it. If I am not particularly anxious or wired I don't take it. My dosage is 250mg 1-2 day, depending on how I feel.

Lately I've been using ashwaganda and it seems like a good substitute/alternative to GABA, in terms of anxiety control or sleep aid.

cheers
Thanks for sharing :)
But was the one you use also pharmagaba?
Cause it sats its different than other gaba supplement.

PeterPositive

I take GABA, but it's not the same product. I am not sure how this product is different, most GABA supplements are obtained via fermentation.
Could be marketing hype? :)

@PeterPositive well they stated that other gaba uses synthetic so its different.
http://www.natural-pharmagaba.com/q-and-a.html
The differences are vast. PharmaGABATM is produced naturally with proven safety and efficacy. Synthetic GABA is produced from various toxic chemicals including succinimide, piperylurethan and fuming nitric acid, N-(β-bromoethyl) phthalimide and sodiomalonic ester, and γ-chlorobutyronitrile and potassium phthalimide. These compounds are regarded as noxious substances and thus prohibited to use in foods in many countries. PharmaGABATM is approved for food use in many countries. It is both safe and effective.
However i read on aor website which stated negative things about pharmagaba
http://www.aor.ca/faq/gaba/
OR’s GABA?
Q: What’s the difference between Pharma GABA and AOR’s GABA?

A: First, our product is a true pharmaceutical grade ingredient and is more than 99% pure. Pharma GABA, on the other hand, is only 80% pure and is a natural extract rather than pharmaceutical grade. Pharma GABA was developed for the Asian market where dietary supplements must be extracted from food or from a natural source. That is not the case in Canada. In Canada, dietary supplements must contain natural ingredients but they can be from a synthetic source. Second, Pharma GABA is in a chewable tablet and contains ingredients needed to make tablets which include dextrose, fructose, stearic acid and xylitol. Our product is in a capsule and only contains GABA. Pharma GABA also contains a smaller dose at 200 mg per capsule versus 600 mg for our product. Pharma GABA is also more expensive and contains milk ingredients.
In the end, the GABA molecule found in the products is identical. There is no reason to believe that Pharma GABA works better than synthetic GABA. There is also no evidence to show that Pharma GABA benefits from better absorption or better entry into the central nervous system. You can expect the same results from both products.
I didnt know it contains milk and dextrose, fructose, stearic acid and xylitol:confused:
Maybe different types.

Last edited:

maxjones

[banned as spam]
Hey, very new to the forum , but thought of suggesting one more place which is very useful (link removed because it's spam) .They offer very good products at reasonable prices..
Do check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

heyitisjustin

I take GABA, but it's not the same product. I am not sure how this product is different, most GABA supplements are obtained via fermentation.
Could be marketing hype? :)

Pharmagaba is supposed to cross the Blood Brain barrier better than plain old GABA. There are other alternatives that also cross the BBB but those are reported to be addictive. I take Pharmagaba and it seems to do more than GABA (which did very little for me) and not muck with my histamine issues.