• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phage Prebiotics/Probiotics

acrosstheveil

Anyone try some of the newer probiotics that use "prephage" prebiotics? I just ordered a bottle of some and would like to hear some experiences regarding their effectiveness.

The particular product I am using is made by Seeking Health and called Probiota Bactrix.

Here is the label:

Servings Size
1 Vegetarian Capsule

Servings Per Container

AMT DV
PrePhage Proprietary Bacteriophage Prebiotic 15 mg **
Proprietary Probiotic Blend 5 Billion CFU **
Bifidobacterium bifidum - -
Lactobacillus acidophilus - -
Bifidobacterium longum - -
Lactobacillus rhamnosus - -
Bifidobacterium breve - -
Lactobacillus casei - -
Streptococcus thermophilus - -

* = Daily Value Based on a standard 2,000 calorie daily intake
** = Daily Value Not Established
Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.

Ingredients
PrePhage™ Proprietary Bacteriophage Prebiotic, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus casei, Streptococcus thermophilus.

Other Ingredients
Tapioca dextrin, medium chain triglycerides, delayed release capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose [HPMC], water, gellan gum).

Does not contain
Gluten, Dairy

Warnings
Store in a cool, dry place (59-85 degrees) away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.

Delivery
Vegetarian Capsule

Capsule Size
#1 small vegetarian capsule

Any thoughts?