• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Petition: That the ME Association leave the CMRC

"The national patient organisation I didn’t mention by name above is the ME Association. I would like to make plain that I have a great deal of respect for their work and that of their Medical Advisor Dr Charles Shepherd, who much of the time do a very good job of representing our interests. An example of this work is their recent petition to NICE regarding the decision not update the guidelines on ME/CFS (do consider signing if you haven’t already – this is important). However, MEA’s decision to stay in the CMRC and continue to work with those who malign patients and whose research contributes further misinformation about ME seems to me – and to many other patients – to be a serious error of judgement. They really should listen to the voice of informed patients."

https://spoonseeker.com/2017/07/18/hillsborough-law-shifting-the-balance-in-favour-of-truth/