• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PETITION for AN APOLOGY RE: ME/CFS (to Assistant Sec.of Health)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
HEY, WHERE IS EVERYBODY! Please take a moment to sign this petition.

THere are 208 signatures already. The goal is 500. Please sign.

Nielk

As much as we would like to, we can't hold a gun to his head (although i can't say I don't like that image)

mezombie

This is the message that will be sent to Secretary Sebelius and six other health officials when you sign:

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Kathleen Sebelius, Kathleen.Sebelius@hhs.gov.

----------------
Apologize for not responding appropriately to the ME/CFS epidemic.

Bjrn Guldvog, Deputy Director General of the Norwegian Directorate of Health, recently made the following statement in response to a published study indicating the cancer drug Rituximab is an effective treatment for ME/CFS:

"I think that we have not cared for people with ME to a great enough extent. I think it is correct to say that we have not established proper health care services for these people, and I regret that."

Follow the Norwegian Health Minister's example.

In addition, we ask that you:

1. Double the current NIH funding for extramural research. Priority should be given to research on biomarkers and potential pathogens as well as clinical trials.

2. Take down information on the CDC's CFS website stating testing for pathogens and biomarkers is "experimental and theoretical" and that GET and CBT are appropriate treatments.

----------------

Sincerely,

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I want to add that the patient comments are *awesome.* Please check them out.
It breaks my heart to read about how many lives this illness has destroyed.