• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Perrin technique RCT on ME/CFS

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Recently published here.

Only the abstract is available to view without coughing up $31.

I wish he'd looked at the effects of lymphatic drainage alone as well. His technique consists of osteopathic manipulation (which I found terrifying when I had non-Perrin manipulation for a neck problem a while back) plus effleurage and other lymphatic drainage massage. I've seen people argue that lymphatic drainage alone is good for us - if the scarey stuff isn't necessary, it would be good to know.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I just read the other thread and it looks like some PWME find lymph drainage helpful for symptom management. Makes sense to me. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I had my first Perrin massage three weeks ago and although I felt fine when I left the premises, felt as though I had been run over by a steamroller within the hour and had to lie down. Whatever it did, it did something! Am continuing and although for now I feel worse, I hope that eventually I'll feel better...

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
it's hard to know whether you feel worse from getting out toxins, or because it's not right for you. drink lots of water! ask your therapist and, if you have one, your CFS doctor, about your reaction.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
it's hard to know whether you feel worse from getting out toxins, or because it's not right for you. drink lots of water! ask your therapist and, if you have one, your CFS doctor, about your reaction.

Thanks, Willow! I'm drinking lots. I told my Perrin therapist and she didn't seem surprised. I only wish I had a CFS doctor!