The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PEM in CFS/ME must had abnormal muscle pain?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by BerlianCahyadi, Nov 23, 2018.

1. BerlianCahyadi

BerlianCahyadi

Hello i'm new in this forum. Actually i'm a bit confused about the real definition of PEM. Is this condition like doubled your fatigue after exercise or increasing muscular pain or what?

I'm still doubt if i having CFS/ME or not because the PEM thing. I hope someone will explained to me. Thank's. :)

Wolfcub likes this.
  2. Mary

Mary Moderator

Southern California
    Bump

3. Belbyr

Belbyr Senior Member

jesse's mom and Wolfcub like this.
  4. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    jesse's mom and Wolfcub like this.
  5. Murph

Murph :)

I think any abnormal feelings of fatigue, sickness, pain, irritability, brain fog that occur after exercise qualify as PEM. You can be especially sure it's PEM if it happens on delay, e.g. onset 12-24 hours after exercise.

6. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Senior Member

SW UK
    Yes mine is a sort of relapse of symptoms plus exhaustion that is out of proportion. Exhaustion so I start to tremble slightly. The symptom relapse usually (for me) includes an inner tremor, weakness, sometimes loss of appetite and sometimes weirdly increased appetite which feels strange. Always tiredness and some lower back pain, sometimes slight nausea and/or a slightly "fluey" sensation. My legs don't ache and my arms/neck etc don't ache, so muscles don't ache, as such. That's just me.
    It can be hard to track down PEM for me because it doesn't come straight away after extra stress or exercise. It can take 2 days to happen. Nasty little devil.

jesse's mom likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.