• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peitition asking for Bio-Chemical research on ME in the UK

AndrewB

Hi all, i hope this is the correct forum to use.
Im asking all ME patients in the UK to sign this petition asking for proper research to be funded and carried out.
Im sure there are lots of petitions set up by the various charity organizations, and they do a great job, but i don't
think anymore will do any harm, and can only serve to highlight to the UK government just how unacceptable and costly
leaving this condition unchecked can be.
So, please sign this petition, ive given it a year to reach 100,000 people, and will personaly hand it to the offices of
Health Secretary Andrew Lansley, or who ever is working in that role at that time.
We arent be catered for and we need to demand helped.
Even if you arent from the UK please sign this petition, its a global petition anyway.
And if anyone would like me to sign a similer petition id be only glad to help.

http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-mecfs-treatment-petition

*GG*

Hi all, i hope this is the correct forum to use.

Im asking all ME patients in the UK to sign this petition asking for proper research to be funded and carried out.

Im sure there are lots of petitions set up by the various charity organizations, and they do a great job, but i don't
think anymore will do any harm, and can only serve to highlight to the UK government just how unacceptable and costly
leaving this condition unchecked can be.

So, please sign this petition, ive given it a year to reach 100,000 peopl, and will personaly hand it to the offices of
Health Secretary Andrew Lansley, or who ever is working in that role at that time.

We arent be catered for and we need to demand helped.

Even if you arent from the UK please sign this petition, its a global petition anyway.

And if anyone would like me to sign a similer petition id be only glad to help.

http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-mecfs-treatment-petition

You might want to space your writings out a little more, people find it hard to read.

This would probably be a more appropriate section:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/forumdisplay.php?14-Action-Alerts!-and-Advocacy

We'll see how it does, perhaps it will do better in this section and it can be moved later?

GG

PS I tried to sign, but it did not have a regular ole USA selection, and I think it asked for access to my Facebook account, which I rarely allow! I will try to keep an eye on this, and try another day!

Jenny

Hi Andrew

Thanks for this. As you say there are lots of petitions going round, some set up by individuals and some by ME orgs. Few have got more than a couple of thousand signatures. Only when a petition gets 100,000 does it get considered for debate by parliament in the UK.

So the crucial thing is - how to get over 100,000 to sign. I don't have any answers I'm afraid, but that's where the effort is needed.

Jenny

AndrewB

I'll just keep plugging away and making as many people aware of it as possible. Ive got a year to try and amass all the signitures needed to have this
kind of debate in parliment.
Thanks to anyone who signs it, its in all our benifit to sign as many of these petitions as possible.

Andy