• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PBS Report -- ... Negative Effects of Income Inequality

Wayne

I watched this 9-minute video from PBS a couple weeks ago, and found it fairly fascinating. I have nothing against people who have wealth, and would love to be wealthy myself [mostly to give me way more health care options that are currently unavailable to me because of limited funds].

One of the reasons I'm posting this is because the "entitlement" that some of the wealthy have often translates into how they treat others. And I think this same dynamic extends to people that are healthy [rich in health] and translates into how they treat others [like pwCFS] who don't have the health they do. --- Anyway, not trying to start any kind of class dispute here. I've long had an interest in sociology, and thought I'd post a link for others who might also find this video interesting.

Scientists Study the Negative Effects of Income Inequality
Wealthy individuals are more likely to break traffic laws and cheat at games, according to a controversial new study from professors at the University of California at Berkeley. — Critics accuse the Berkeley scientists of junk science and perpetuating a politically liberal agenda, but they stick by their findings.

“Let me tell you, we didn’t expect to find this,” said Paul Piff of UC Berkeley. “Our findings apply to both liberals and conservatives. It doesn’t matter who you are. If you’re wealthy, you’re more likely to show these patterns of results.”

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
It would be interesting to know the health status of those who park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit and those who accuse permit holders of not really needing them.